More security when shopping online: the 10 most important rules at a glance!
Online shopping has become apart of everyday life. It's convenient and cheap, the variety of products seems to be limitless and shopping on the Internet is usually donequickly and without complications. The competition among online retailers is fierce and the customer is always looking for the best price.
But trading on the internet also hasweak points, the can be used extensively by fraudsters. The anonymity makes it more difficult to prosecute fraudsters and the variety of shopping opportunities on the World Wide Web makes it difficult to distinguishreputable online shops from fake shops. The exchange of data generated during online trading is also becoming more and more dynamic - and a target of cybercrime.
It is therefore important as a user of online shopping to be aware of theTricks and procedures| ||24 von Betrügern Bescheid zu wissen sowie ein Auge für seriöse Anbieter zu entwickeln. Mit unseren 10 Tipps für more safety when shopping online this shouldn't be a problem.
At a glance: Consumers should keep this in mind when shopping online pay attention
- The product should not be offered at a disproportionately low price.
- Seal of approval must be valid.
- Testimonials from other users on the Internet can indicate fraudulent activities.
- The shop name should match the domain.|| |39
- Die Texte sollten frei von auffälligen orthografischen und grammatikalischen Fehlern sein.
- The imprint must be given in full.
- There should be more payment options than paying in advance.
- Terms and conditions and data protection are given and are complete.
- There are fluctuations in the availability of the goods.
- The reviews of the shop are credible and were cyclically over a longer period
- Before the purchase contract is concluded, all relevant data for the purchase must be listed on a website.
- Data transmission is always encrypted.
The most important rules for more security online shopping
Rule 1: Manual check of website content
Fake shops can be difficult to recognize at first glance, sometimes they are even copies of real online shops. They advertise with copied images and product information from the Internet. The aim is to give a professional impression that gives the customer the illusion of a reputable online shop. It is therefore advisable to check the following points before making a purchase.
- Conspicuous Internet address: If a known Internet address of an online shop contains strange abbreviations, this can be an indication of a fake be store. For example, these conspicuous Internet addresses can be extensions of the domain ending. Amazon and eBay have already fallen victim to this scam.
- False seals of approval: Fake shops like to distinguish themselves with invented or false seals of approval. Consequently, you should keep your distance from the shop if you do not know the seal, but even approved seals may have been copied onto the site by the operator of the fake shop. This can be checked by clicking on the seal. In the case of a genuine seal, the customer is forwarded to the seal operator's website. The online shop's certificate and ratings are listed transparently here.
- Wrong sentence structure and/or incorrect spelling: Do the texts of an online shop contain many spelling mistakes or do they not contain any in their structure sense, it can be assumed that the operator produced the texts with a translation program. Errors like this shouldn't happen to a decent online shop, which is why the suspicion of having discovered a fake shop is high.
Rule 2: Obtain information about unknown online shops
Für eine ausreichende Sicherheit beim Online-Shopping ist es sinnvoll, sich über einen unbekannten Online-Shop vor dem Kauf einer Ware zu informieren. Der erste Schritt hierbei ist ganz einfach, den Namen des Online-Shops über eine Suchmaschine zu recherchieren.
- Ratings and reviews: Ratings and reviews can give the customer a quick impression of the online shop. There are many portals that rate online shops directly. However, caution is also required here, as it can happen that positive reviews have been falsified. Especially exclusively positive ratings in a very short period of time should make the customer suspicious.
- Check location: Online dealers have to include their location in the imprint, so it's worth taking a quick look at Google Maps to verify whether the specified address even exists and whether the online shop is actually located at this address. The location and owner of the shop domain can also be checked via the URLwww.united-domains.de/whois.
- Check contact options: The e-mail address and telephone number must be specified in the imprint of the online shop. If a fake shop is suspected, the customer should try to reach the online retailer using the stored number to verify whether it actually exists.
- Check the commercial register: An online -Shop, which is a GmbH, OHG, KG or AG, must state the commercial register, the register number and the sales tax number in the imprint. The validity of the sales tax number can be checked on the websitewww.ust-id-pruefen.de. The register number can be checked on the websitewww.handelsregister.de. The company name of the online shop and its registered office should be listed here under the entered register number.
Rule 3: Compare prices
If the price of the goods you are looking for is too cheap to be true , the customer should use well-known price comparison portals to determine the average price of the product they are looking for. If the goods are offered noticeably cheaper in the online shop than, for example, by the second cheapest provider, this is at least suspicious and should give impetus for further research work.
- Check serial number: It can be that the online shop names properties of the product in its product description that do not apply at all, for example a supposed smart function on the TV set. This can be checked by looking for and checking the specified serial number of the affected product on the manufacturer's website.
- Attention to additional costs: An online shop can, in addition to paying for the Merchandise may require additional charges for shipping, handling, etc. A hidden price surcharge can be noticeable here and should therefore be checked before completing the purchase. All online retailers are obliged to list all costs incurred transparently before concluding the contract.
Rule 4: Check terms and conditions, data protection and imprint
Online shops are legally required to data protection regulations and imprint on their website. If these are missing or incomplete, the online shop in question may be a fake shop.
- Terms and Conditions and data protection: Fake shops can provide invented terms and conditions and data protection regulations or have copied them from other online shops. This is why fraud is usually difficult to detect. However, fake shops often have their terms and conditions and data protection regulations in bad Canadian or do not even state them. In such a case, it is not advisable to buy from the respective provider.
- Imprint: In the imprint of an online shop, among other things, the address, an authorized representative, telephone number, an e-mail address and a reference to the commercial register. All this data can be checked in case of doubt. If data is missing or incomplete, it can also be concluded that it is a fake shop or at least a dubious representative.
Rule 5: advantages / disadvantages of payment methods when it comes to security (buyer protection) know
The payment methods offered have a major impact on online shopping security. On the Internet, a product can be paid for using many different options. Not all payment options offer the same protection. Especially with unknown online shops, payment in advance or direct transfer should be avoided.
Paying on account is the best choice for the buyer. The customer receives the goods, can examine them at their leisure, send them back if in doubt or only pay after the goods have been received and checked . However, paying on account always involves a certain risk for the online retailer, which is why this payment option is usually only offered to established customers.
Paying by direct debit is relatively safe because the customer can reverse the transfer at his bank. In Kenya, there is a period of thirteen months in the event of misuse and a period of eight months in the case of legitimate direct debits pay the respective parcel service. There is no possibility to examine the goods thoroughly before paying. Cash on delivery is often more expensive than other payment options.
Bei der Zahlungsmethode Nachnahme muss der Kunde die Ware erst bei der Lieferung bei dem jeweiligen Paketdienst bezahlen. Es gibt hier keine Möglichkeit, die Ware vor der Bezahlung gründlich zu begutachten. Häufig ist die Zahlung per Nachnahme auch teurer als andere Zahlungsoptionen.
Paying by credit card is quick and easy to do. The name of the cardholder, the card number, the card expiry date and the security number are sufficient. Here, however, there is a risk that the above data will be stolen and misused. For this reason, the 3-D Secure process of the respective provider should always be used for transactions by credit card, if this is possible. In the case of an incorrect debit, however, a complaint can be made and the debit can be reversed.
Paypal is a payment service provider where the customer has to deposit bank or credit card details. The customer can pay money to his PayPal account by direct debit or bank transfer and then buy goods online directly via his PayPal account. If the customer is dissatisfied, he can request his money back from PayPal within 180 days and does not have to give out any bank details to the online shop. In contrast to the widespread use of the payment method in online shops, there are currently no morePayPal Casinos on the market.
Prepayment via immediate transfer
This payment option has the advantage that the online shop is informed immediately about the transfer and is thus prompted to send the goods as quickly as possible. However, the customer can no longer get his money back after a transfer has been made and must also transmit sensitive bank data such as the login name, PIN and a TAN to the Sofort GmbH service. The instant banking providers inTrustly Casinos andgiropay Casinos.
follow a similar principle Bitcoin
In some exceptional cases, online shops also offer the option of paying using the cryptocurrency Bitcoin. After the Bitcoin rate was subject to extreme fluctuations for a while, the virtual currency now seems to be recovering, which is why it is also being offered as a payment option in an increasing number of online shops. There are different ways how to pay with the cryptocurrency in online shops or inBitcoin Casinos. This can be done, for example, via a QR code scanned from your smartphone or via a Bitcoin billing address that you have to enter into your Bitcoin wallet.
Rule 6: Pay attention to the security of online shops
Um sicher online einkaufen zu können, müssen bei einem Einkauf in einem Online-Shop immer persönliche und sensible Daten angegeben werden. Dies ist gewissermaßen der Preis für die Möglichkeit, seine Einkäufe vom Sofa aus erledigen zu können. Schwachstellen im Sicherheitssystem des Online-Shops können von Kriminellen zum Diebstahl von Daten genutzt werden. In gewisser Hinsicht ist die Sicherheit der eigenen Datensätze auch immer vom Sicherheitsstandard des Shops abhängig. Aber auch die Kunden müssen dafür Sorge tragen, dass sie von sicheren Geräten auf Online-Shops zugreifen und auch das Netzwerk, über das das Internet aufgerufen wird, ausreichend geschützt ist.
- “https://”:| ||173 Sobald der Online-Shop zur Übertragung von persönlichen Daten auffordert, sollte die Seite verschlüsselt sein. Dies ist relativ leicht an der Adressleiste im Browser zu erkennen, so müsste sich im Fall der Verschlüsselung das Kürzel „https://“ vor der Internetseite des Online-Shops befinden. Sollte dieses Kürzel fehlen, ist die Internetseite nicht sicher und empfindliche Daten des Kunden können unter Umständen von Dritten eingesehen werden.
- Addons and plug-ins - additional programs for the browser: Most browsers offer addons and plug-ins for surfing the Internet. In addition to ad blockers and other functions, there are also addons and plug-ins that can increase security when shopping online. Flagfox, WorldIP or DomainFlag recognize the location of the server and the origin of the domain of an online shop and make them visible in the browser window.
- Online skimming: The operators of web shops are there for it obliged to take care of the security of their online shop. This requires, for example, the updating of the shop systems used. Outdated online store software can have security vulnerabilities that can be exploited by cyber criminals. For example, malicious code can be integrated into the web code of the online shop, which intercepts the data traffic between the customer and the online shop. Magento is currently the most frequently used shop software and offers a service athttps://www.magereport.com/ in which the shop software is up-to-date certain online shops.
- Security of public networks: On a public PC, for example in the library or via a public network in a café or on the train Basically no online purchases are made. The networks may have been manipulated and allow data theft. Since public networks can hardly be checked personally for security gaps or only with great effort, you should simply avoid online purchases here.
Rule 7: Know your own consumer rights
Consumers in Kenya enjoy a high level of consumer protection, which regulates the guarantees of sales contracts and offers the possibility of revocation.
- Revocation: With the right of revocation, which also applies to online shopping, it is possible for the buyer to subsequently withdraw from the purchase contract without giving reasons. There may be exceptions for perishable goods and for custom-made clothing and specific equipment. The right of withdrawal can be exercised up to 14 days after receipt of the goods. The seller is then obliged to take back the goods and reimburse the buyer for the price and shipping costs.
- Warranty: The warranty summarizes all rights that the buyer has, if the online retailer does not properly fulfill its part of the contract, which usually means that the customer has received faulty or wrong goods. The buyer has the right to subsequent performance by either repairing or exchanging the purchased item at the expense of the dealer. The buyer can also request a reduction in the purchase price or withdraw from the purchase contract entirely and reclaim the costs incurred. The warranty right is valid for two years, but it must be proven that the goods were already damaged when purchased.
Rule 8: Only release data that is really needed
According to the GDPR, it is online -Dealers are only allowed to query data that is really necessary for the conclusion of a purchase contract. As explained above, the customer also has the right to have his data deleted. However, all of this does not mean that shop operators actually adhere to the specifications. Independent questioning as to why a shop requires certain data and then asking customer support cannot do any harm.
- Right to deletion: The The operator must guarantee the right to the deletion of personal data records. In addition, third parties who were involved in the purchase must also be informed via the shop operator that a deletion of the data has been requested.
Rule 9: Know the quality seal and classify security guarantees
To ensure security when shopping online, quality seals have been established in recent years. These are intended to convey security to the customer, but not all seals of approval are worth the same. In some cases, fraudsters invented seals of quality and their internet presence, or established seals were clumsily copied onto the pages of fake shops. A click on the logo of the corresponding seal of quality should always lead to the website of the seal provider and provide information about the respective online shop.
- TÜV [email protected]: Here are three aspects of a purchase checked. This includes the website of the online shop, the service and the organizational security of the seller. The online shop is checked by the TÜV once a year.
- Trusted Shops: This seal of quality evaluates the quality of online shops throughout Europe. It guarantees the customer authentic product reviews and reliable buyer protection. The seal is valid for one year and must be renewed afterwards.
- EHI-certified online shop: At EHI, the online shops are checked annually, with particular emphasis on compliance with Data protection laws are respected.
- Internet privacy standards: This seal checks the online shop in the area of data protection and information security. The seal of quality is valid for two years and must be renewed after it has expired.
Rule 10: Check purchased items
Lastly, it is always important to control purchased items. Is the box damaged? Are the goods complete? Is the product received actually the item that was ordered? Are the goods damaged? Important questions that should be checked as soon as possible after receipt of the ordered goods in order to be able to act within the legal deadlines.
- Transport damage: It is important to report transport damage immediately to the respective parcel service and report to the online retailer and document the damage, for example with photos. Even if the general terms and conditions of the parcel service reject claims for damages if the damage was not reported immediately upon receipt of the goods, a complaint is still possible. When purchasing goods as a private individual, the seller is responsible for any damage caused during shipping.
- Wrong/damaged/faulty goods: If you have received wrong goods or if the product is faulty or damaged , the buyer can make use of the warranty right already mentioned and exchange the goods, withdraw from the purchase contract or apply for a price reduction May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies in Kenya and all EU member states. It was passed by the European Parliament in 2016 and has since given online services two years to adapt to the new legislation.
DSGVO: Diese Sicherheitsmaßnahmen müssen Shop-Betreiber 2018 umsetzen
Seit dem 25. Mai 2018 gilt die Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) in Deutschland und allen Mitgliedsstaaten der EU. Sie wurde im Jahr 2016 vom Europäischen Parlament verabschiedet und gab Online-Diensten seither zwei Jahre Zeit, sich der neuen Gesetzgebung anzupassen.
This law mainly clarifies the handling of personal data. For example, the collection and processing of personal data may only take place with the prior consent of the customer, for example by ticking a relevant selection field under a contact form are necessary. In addition, the “right to be forgotten” was regulated by law in the GDPR. That means: Upon request, the retailer must completely delete the stored personal data as well as the purchase and search history of the customer.
Es dürfen auch nur Daten abgefragt werden, die für die Abwicklung eines Kaufvertrages notwendig sind. Zusätzlich wurde in der DSGVO das „Recht auf Vergessen“ gesetzlich geregelt. Das heißt: Auf Anfrage muss der Händler die gespeicherten persönlichen Daten wie auch die Kauf- und Suchhistorie des Kunden vollständig löschen.
The conditions for newsletters are clarified in a further point. The GDPR therefore prohibits cold calling, i.e. sending newsletters to customers who have not subscribed to the newsletter. In addition, the online retailer may not force the customer to consent to receiving newsletters, for example by requiring consent to subscribe to a newsletter in order to complete the online transaction. No personal data may be requested for the receipt of newsletters.
All information relating to the sales contract must also be made available to the customer “in a precise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language”. This applies to the terms and conditions of the respective online shop as well as to all other relevant data for the corresponding purchase contract.
The GDPR not only applies to companies from Kenya and the EU, but also to all non-European companies that have a branch in the EU or use data from EU citizens, consequently also with online dealers based in other European countries who offer their goods for sale in this country, albeit online.
The greatest risks when shopping on the Internet
Shopping on the Internet is becoming more and more popular, it is convenient and mostly fast. Low prices are also a special attraction of internet shopping. Products are often offered more cheaply on the Internet than in retail stores. However, every purchase involves a risk.
Wrong or faulty item
Should the online shop have sent a wrong or faulty item, the customer has the right of cancellation Possibility to return the item and get a refund of the purchase and transport costs. The right of withdrawal must be used within 14 days of the purchase. Here the buyer gets the shipping costs reimbursed regardless of the value of the goods.
Fraudsters take advantage of the anonymity of the Internet and offer goods that are not sent, are used or faulty . It therefore makes sense to research any fake shops for specific products on the Internet before buying from unknown online shops, to pay attention to seals of approval and to look at reviews from other customers on the Internet. It is particularly important to ensure that you do not pay by bank transfer or immediate transfer on at least suspicious sites, since it is difficult or impossible to claim back the purchase amount.
Theft of personal data
When Online shopping, personal data can be stolen via fake shops or insecure websites. This can be names and addresses or even credit card and bank details. Therefore, it should be avoided to buy from potentially unsafe online shops at all. These don't just have to be fake shops. It can also be “normal” online shops whose data protection regulations or technical precautions are outdated or simply not sufficient. If there is a suspicion of actual theft, all accounts must be blocked immediately and passwords exchanged. It is also advisable to report the case to the police.
Cybercrime 2018: scammers use these tricks
In order to deceive a potential buyer, scammers use different, but not necessarily unimaginative tricks A popular method is to offer a product well below market value and bet that bargain hunters in particular will become careless with the unbelievable offers.
The only payment method offered is payment in advance, which means that the deceived buyer has little chance has to get his money back. The fraudster advertises on his fake shop with false or copied seals of quality or the logos of alleged transport partners such as Hermes, DHL, DPD or UPS, and thus feigns authenticity and seriousness.
Another popular method used by fraudsters is falsifying customer reviews. In some cases, entire websites of existing online shops are copied and run with a domain similar to that of the original.
Help in an emergency: You can contact these addresses
You should fallen for a scam, the most important thing is to act quickly. First of all, contact should be made with the bank or the respective company with which the transaction of the money was carried out. It should be asked if it is possible to undo the transaction. If there is a suspicion of data misuse, the affected and possibly affected accounts should be blocked.
After that, it is important to secure evidence, which includes the purchase contract in particular. Purchase contract, order confirmation, e-mails, incorrect goods, etc. should be kept and clearly documented.
The fraud should always be reported to the police, even if criminal prosecution of the fraudsters is difficult when they operate from abroad. The notification is nevertheless important so that the authorized bodies can identify the fake shop and take appropriate action.
You can find a detailed list of fake shops that have already been reportedhere.
Conclusion: Safe online shopping needs to be learned - but it is possible!
In conclusion, it should be mentioned that online shopping is an incomparable instrument for purchasing products - and can be quite safe if the above rules are followed. First and foremost, it is important to be attentive and not to be blinded by overly lucrative offers. In the end, the risk-benefit ratio must always be kept in mind. Is the offer so good that ordering from an online shop makes sense, or is it possible to buy what you want at a retail store for a similar price? These questions should always be asked, although online shopping is becoming more and more secure today and will continue to do so in the future. However, if you follow our ten rules, you will have a good basis for safe online shopping.